Project Title: “Hospital-Acquired Infections and Antimicrobial Resistance”, Global Disease Detection, CDC, USA; Project duration: 01.09.2013 – 31.08.2014
a). Aim: Development and implementation of modern infectious control systems and hospital acquired infection surveillance
• Assessment of nosocomial infection control in hospitals and primary health care facilities;
• Raise medical personnel awareness on infection control
• Introduce the modern infection control and surveillance system in selected hospitals
• Increase knowledge of NCDC epidemiologists in infection control and antimicrobial resistance issues.
c). Expected Results
• Healthcare associated infection control will be assessed in hospitals and primary health care facilities which are involved in the survey;
• Modern infection control and surveillance system will be introduced in selected hospitals;
• Education materials about infection control will be developed;
• Continuous medical program “Healthcare associated infection control” will be developed and will be approved by Tbilisi State Medical University Professional Development Council;
• Education level of medical staff about infection control and antimicrobial resistance issues will be raised.